Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ahead of Schedule

Last week was very productive for the building team.  Stan say's, according to our Gantt chart, we are a week ahead of schedule.  This Thursday we have the electrical walk-through where we get to talk with the experts (electrician, a.v. person) about wiring, lighting and switch locations.  Perhaps all the drywall will be up by mid April.  We meet with the architect and project manager on Tuesday to get a better idea of the time line.

I spent most of the week in bed with the flu so my achievements aren't worth mentioning.  I made no decisions and researched very little.  Today was my first day at the house since last Monday. I walked into the house and remembered I don't like the framed part, didn't like it last time either.  Everything looks small and sort of like a puzzle and dark!  Huge holes in the floor where plumbing needs to go.

It is an amazing spring day in San Diego, clear as a bell, wildflowers a bloomin, everyone outside. Since I accomplished nothing, wasn't even around, I'll let the photo's do the talkin.  (Do you know if you double click on the pics they enlarge - I didn't realize that....neat :-)  More later this week.....

Backyard hill full of Acacia and rat's nests (YUK!)


Stripped bare (well almost), awaiting nice trees, succulents, cactus, natives, etc.









Dumpster - this is the third or 4th replacement for a full one.  We've lost track.








View of the new wall separating Stan's office/guest room from the kitchen/my work space.







The laundry room - picture red washer & dryer :), white/grey counter and floor tile to be determined this week.  Going to be a happy little place......












Framing, framing...... holes in the concrete for plumbing.  Looking at the guest and powder room, beyond that the dining room and entry.

2 comments:

  1. Wow moving along without much mucking around as they say. I love the framing part especially the nail gun ... Can't wait to see the landscaping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures as clear as a muddy bell!! I'm just glad I can picture the completed project. Glad you left the door from Stan's office to your room on the larger side. I'm also looking forward to the landscaping progress. :o)) Glad you are feeling better. Take care.......

    ReplyDelete